Thursday 14 April 2011

Week 7: Lecture - Ruwan

Parametric Design Systems

I actually take this class as my elective. I find that it is a very interesting topic, but involves architects to change the way that they think about design. At the moment I am learning Bentley Generative Components. The program involves thinking about points and positions as well as how each element reacts when another is added. To me, it is about joining each element in a building to represent how they work with each other in a real life instance.

The uses of these types of programs start to change the view of a student architect. I have started to think in points and places and less in architectural aesthetics.

For use in my Modular Architecture Design, I think the knowledge of how these systems work, enables us to have a clearer idea of just how our buildings will be built, as well as how forms will affect each other when moved. This is very important in modular architecture, where it will more than likely be changing form.

No comments:

Post a Comment